Scholarship Trust Fund Terms of Reference
Submit your CFUW Scholarship Application Form and letters of reference by email, to: email@example.com .
I Name and Objective of the Fund
The fund shall be known as the “Canadian Federation of University Women/Barrie District Scholarship Trust Fund”.
A university scholarship of $2,000.00 may be awarded to a female student from one of the Barrie District secondary schools.
II Selection Criteria
- The scholarship is to be presented to a female student who is enrolled in a degree course at an accredited Canadian university or who is enrolled in a degree or diploma course at a community college or other accepted institute of higher learning in Ontario.
- The applicant must have completed the Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma programme in four years or less.
- The applicant must have obtained a minimum average of 70% in at least three of the first semester O.S.S.G.D. subjects. All subjects must have been taken only once.
- The applicant must have demonstrated a combination of leadership qualities and community service.
- The applicant must indicate the extent of financial need.
III Selection Process
The applicant is asked to submit:
- A Canadian Federation of University Women/Barrie District Application form
- Two letters of reference . One academic and one non-school related
- Official transcript of subjects and marks for first and mid-term semesters
- Brief summary of how education is to be financed, i.e. family, OSAP, work, RESP, etc.
Incomplete Applications will not be considered.
- One $2,000.00 may be awarded to a female student in the Barrie District secondary schools.
- The scholarships will be awarded at the school’s commencement. The money will be given in a single payment upon confirmation of enrolment and of the first instalment of tuition fees in a Canadian University or a degree/diploma granting Ontario College.
- In the event that no candidate applies, or qualifies, for the scholarship in any given year, that scholarship money will remain in the fund. The awarding of a scholarship may be delayed one year because of extenuating circumstances.
- If the quality of the applications warrants it, and if there are sufficient funds available, an additional Award/s of Excellence may be granted at the discretion of the Committee.
- Academic Standing 30%
- Activities in School and the Community 30%
- Financial Need 40%